AMAZINGCOSMETICS “Enter To Win” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF A GOOD OR SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) AND GOVERN YOUR ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST (DEFINED BELOW).
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION. AMAZINGCOSMETICS “Enter To Win” will have one (1) winner. Winner will be randomly selected after filling out the sweepstakes form in entirety on www.AmazingCosmetics.com.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on September 27, 2016 and ends 11:59 p.m. CST on December 7, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Potential winner will be notified by email, by 5:00 p.m. CST on or before December 16, 2016.
- ELIGIBILITY. To participate in the Contest, you (“You”) must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and at least 18 years of age. Current employees of Sponsor and the immediate family of any such employees (defined as spouse, parent, sibling, child and respective spouses regardless of where they reside), are not eligible to participate in this Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one (1) entry per person. Subsequent entries from the same person will be disqualified, but the first entry will be considered.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS. Sponsor will choose one (1) winner, chosen at random.
- PRIZES. The winner will receive a customized selection of AMAZINGCOSMETICS® products, approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $150. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form. THE PRIZES, SITE AND CONTEST ARE AWARDED ‘AS IS’ AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prize permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize in its sole discretion.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNER; ODDS. The winners will be notified and contacted by Sponsor via email by an AMAZINGCOSMETICS® employee. Potential winners are required to complete, sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance & Publicity/Liability Release forms to Sponsor within five (5) days of being contacted by Sponsor. If the potential winner cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim the prize; if the prize notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor.
- DISCLAIMER. Sponsor, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, agencies and representatives will not be responsible for any late, distorted or damaged entries; or any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor. Photographs that do not conform to the spirit of the Contest will automatically be disqualified; this includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted content; private or public, including theft or tagging; offensive language; anything of an obscene or sexual nature, direct or innuendo; or racial or hateful in speech or portrayal.
SPONSOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- GENERAL TERMS. Sponsor is not responsible for anything outside of its reasonable control. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or is disrupted or corrupted, including, without limitation, by strikes, acts of war or terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or for any reason Sponsor deems it necessary, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- INTERNET/MOBILE. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. CAUTION: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Contest, You release Sponsor and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Further, You acknowledge that much of the material that will be submitted as part of the Contest may embody materials, suggestions, or ideas substantially similar to those which have been developed by others or by Sponsor and the Released Parties. You acknowledge that any similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas that Sponsor and the Released Parties routinely use and consider in the course of each of their business activities. Accordingly, You consent to the following terms by submitting a photograph: (a) You understand that You will not be entitled to any compensation because of use by Sponsor or the Released Parties of any materials similar to your entry; (b) You have obtained all rights, permission and licenses necessary to use the photograph for any purpose; (c) that Your entry does not infringe in whole or in part any rights of any other party; and (d) that You will indemnify and hold Sponsor and the Released Parties, harmless from any claims, suits, losses, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that arise from the breach of the foregoing conditions.
- TAX INFORMATION. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. The winner will and hereby do hold Sponsor harmless from liability for failure to timely report and/or pay such taxes.
- GOVERNING LAW. The Contest, Rules and the parties’ respective rights and obligations in connection herewith, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois, without application of its conflict of laws principles. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitration or interpretation, shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Cook County, Illinois, before a single arbitrator, in accordance with the Illinois Code of Civil Procedure. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association.
The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing; provided, however, that each side shall bear its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court.
- MISCELLANEOUS. You agree to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. If You violate these Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) You will be subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, the winners grant permission for Sponsor, and its third parties, to use the winners’ name, photograph, in whole or in part, for business, advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet without notice, review, approval, additional compensation or time limitation. Sponsor will be the sole owner of such photograph and can use them in any way it seems fit, without needing any further permission from you. This grant of permission and release does not expire. You will not bring any claims against Sponsor or the Released Parties for any claims whatsoever, including any claims for libel, defamation, slander, or invasion of the right to privacy, publicity or personality or any similar claim. By submitting a photograph entry, You also agree that Sponsor does not have any obligation to show or use any entry for any purpose. Sponsor has the right to use, assign, edit, modify or dispose of any entry, accompanying materials and any photograph produced pursuant to this Contest. By participating in this Contest, You waive any right to claim ambiguity or any deficiency in these Rules or the Contest, including its administration.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
SPONSOR. AMAZINGCOSMETICS®, 133 E. Cook Ave. Libertyville, IL 60048 (“Sponsor”) IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST.